Went to Kroger to get veggies cause we've had meat and fish a lot lately, so I was going to stick to something light.  Then I saw the bright red awesomeness that is tuna steak.  Got one big steak to feed all three of us.  Rubbed a little olive oil and s/p and cooked it in a cast iron skillet.  I undercooked it twice and had to go back on the heat, and therefore ended up a bit overdone for tuna, but still pink in the center.  A little red would have been better, but this did not disappoint.





I paired it with a smaller version of the dish I had in mind, roasted veggies.  Broccoli, zucchini, beets, mushy rooms, orange pepper and celery gently roasted in the oven.  Wedge salad to round it out.  I tried caesar dressing on the wedge.  Not as good as blue cheese, I'll stick to that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots