Went to Kroger to get veggies cause we've had meat and fish a lot lately, so I was going to stick to something light.  Then I saw the bright red awesomeness that is tuna steak.  Got one big steak to feed all three of us.  Rubbed a little olive oil and s/p and cooked it in a cast iron skillet.  I undercooked it twice and had to go back on the heat, and therefore ended up a bit overdone for tuna, but still pink in the center.  A little red would have been better, but this did not disappoint.





I paired it with a smaller version of the dish I had in mind, roasted veggies.  Broccoli, zucchini, beets, mushy rooms, orange pepper and celery gently roasted in the oven.  Wedge salad to round it out.  I tried caesar dressing on the wedge.  Not as good as blue cheese, I'll stick to that.

Comments

  1. This is Suzy, attempting a comment. Nice wedge salad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chops with Honey and Garlic, Tourneed Turnips, Mushroom Rice and Broccoli Spears

Cornish Game Hens, Corn Soufflé and Twice Baked Potatoes

Coq Au Vin, Mushroom Risotto, glazed turnips/carrots and Tres Leches