Steak, cauliflower au gratin and wedge salad

Zachary wanted steak tonight, and I wanted to cook as I haven't cooked much in the past 2 weeks due to lots of late nights working.
So with groceries purchased, I started marinating the steak with rosemary olive oil and s/p.  I cut up the cauliflower, and added the green beans and a few broccoli crowns from the garden, added cheese, half/half and cheese-it crackers.  It is nice to start having enough yield from the garden to create meals.  This turned out VERY awesome and we will do it again.  The green beans and broccoli added such a great flavor.  The blue cheese wedge salad is becoming my fave.

I put the steak in a hot cast iron skillet and got a good sear on it, then I threw in some shallots and chopped mushy rooms, a pat of butter and then I put the skillet in the oven to complete the cooking process.

I've got the cooking itch, so I expect I will be posting some photos of some yummy meals soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....