Chicken Piccata


I haven't blogged in a while so I came up with this meal so 
that I could pull out the camera and let you guys peer into
my culinary adventures.

I looked through some cook books and came across a Tyler Florence
recipe for veal piccata.  The Dutchess doesn't do veal, so I
changed it to chicken.

First I split, then pounded the chicken breasts.


I dredged it in seasoned flour...


Then a quick egg bath.


Next they went, one at a time, into the cast iron till
they were golden brown.


I put them in the microwave, not turned on, to help
keep them warm while the other 2 cooked.



I cooked some pasta, and started to make the sauce.
The photo isn't too appealing, but make no mistake,
this was delicious.  I deglazed the cast iron with 
white wine, lemon juice and capers and reduced it
to concentrate the flavor.


I plated, on our new white plates, simply by mounding the pasta
then placing the chicken on it and topped it with the 
sauce and then garnished with italian parsley.


This was a 3 thumbs up meal, with even Zachary
almost finishing this massive breast.
he did leave me enough for my lunch.  


Flock fed!














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots