rotesserary (as my mom would have called it) chicken with lemon and thyme

So had the urge to cook it up tonight, so marinated a whole chicken with olive oil, lemons, garden thyme, lemon zest & s/p. let this hang out in a ziplock all day in the refer.

So dinner time comes around, and I slap this thing on the rotisserary, my mother, always and purposefully. flubbed that word.  I took out 3 cubes of some frozen homemade pesto (dill and pecan pesto to be exact).  This survived the freezing process, but did need a little help.  A splash of olive oil and lemon juice and we were back in business.  

Veggies ended up being a saute of broccollini, snow peas, mushy rooms, bean sprouts, garlic and ginger.
Nice wedge salad, doctored the blue cheese dressing by adding half/half and some gorgonzola crumbles.
I sliced the wedges so that the dressing would seep down.

The last thing is that I stole a plating technique from Whiskey Cake, and trimmed all the bones out of the quarter chicken, until the wing, which you could grab and rip off and have a boneless breast left.  Little dab of pesto...did I mention it was homemade (then frozen cause I made way too much) with garden dill and pecans for an exotic and delicious pesto.

and of course I took the carcass, put it in a big pot and threw in some veggies for homemade stock.

Making pork with mustard sauce tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots