no photos today

I've been a bit lax as to setting up photo shoots, cause, quite frankly, its a pain in the butt and sometimes a complete waste of time.  There are many nights that I take photos, but for whatever reason, I'm not feeling them, or the food just looks gross.  I don't want to post it if it doesn't LOOK good (anymore)...even if it tasted awesome.  YOU aren't tasting it...I did....you just get to view it....with your eyes...so if it tastes great and the photos do not translate...you do the cypherin on that.
Therefore, a  lot more has been hitting the floor, scrutinized much harder now.
But that doesn't mean we haven't had some interesting food adventures.

I've been using a LOT of herbs lately, starting with the easter "herb ham", but steaks, vegetables, marinades....almost everything is getting a large portion of garden herbs.  I have an abundance of rosemary, chives, cilantro, dill, mint, basil and thyme.
Recently I have made turkey/beef meatloaf with herb crust, mashed cauliflower, steaks, roasted veggies, eggplant, white asparagus and grilled broccoli with mayonnaise.

I've been trying to order and experiment with more fish and seafood, mostly when we eat out.  Had some awesome artic char at a small, but great place in Plano, Tx, called RockFish.  Also recently had whole fried tilapia, and tilapia filets which turned out so dinky, that I had to stop for a snack on the way home.

Green beans are starting to trickle into the house, and there are about 10 tomatoes that I cant wait to grow and turn those brilliant heirloom colors.  Blackberries, raspberries and grapes continue to sprout at a slow pace, but lots of potential.

Please take the time to follow me, either setting up a google/yahoo account, or via email.
Even if you don't I can see how many views I'm getting, not including myself, and I'm getting small, but
decently steady traffic.  Tell your friends, and keep watching for more food antics!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....