SHOULD have been salmon kabobs...Steelhead works too

Feeling the heat, I wanted to find a cooling summer recipe, so I went online and found salmon kabobs.  I thought that with some brown rice and a fruit salad would make a great meal.
My local Kroger is always hit and miss with seafood, especially salmon.  They had some, but it was not very thick and wouldnt do well on a skewer.  Looking at the options, I saw that the Steelhead trout was looking quite good, and it looks a LOT like salmon.
The recipe called for rosemary, but we are had rosemary dumplings the other day, so I went rogue, by using only s/p, olive oil and dried parsley.  
Kabobs were very simple tomatoes being the only other inhabitant.
106 degrees outside, even at dinner time here in Texas, so I skipped the grill, and cooked them in my cast iron skillet.
Fruit salad was melon-centric, honey do, cantaloup and water were the melons of the day.  I used my new melon baller and created a fun, cool salad that went well with the steelhead.  I went simple on the rice and only added a bay leaf during cooking.


This meal was Zachary approved and he ate quite a bit.  
So a nice cool, healthy meal was feed to the flock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....