Schnitzel on Spätzle!!!! Das ist gut!!!

My camera was running low on battery, 
so just a couple of pics.
I stole the idea for this meal from 
"Diners, Drive-ins & Dives".
Schnitzel on Spätzle.
Schnitzel is a term in Germany, that us southern folks like to call chicken fried.
They both mean some kind of meat that is breaded and fried.
Spätzle is a small noodle that you shove through a colander, to form little nuggets.
I got 3 chicken breasts and pounded them thin with the back of my ladle.  I almost 
bought a meat tenderizing hammer, but they wanted $14.  
My ladle did the trick just fine.  
My dredging station was flour/eggs/panko bread crumbs in that order.
Then you fry these things until they are 
golden brown and crispy.
The Spätzle is basically normal pasta dough, but you push it thru a colander or slotted spoon
held over a pot of boiling water.  The dough drops off in these little nuggets, and you 
boil them for just a few minutes.  Then into a saucepan with butter, lemon and chives to give 
them a little color and more flavor.
I completed the meal with roasted brussels sprouts, 
and a couple of St. Pauli Girls.
MAN, was this good!!!

Der Vater geht international weiter zu seiner Herde zu weiden.
(The father goes international to continue to feed his flock)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots