No photos, but good meal

So I watched an episode of Extreme Chef, and it inspired me to cook.  We had just returned from a road trip, San Antonio, and were probably deliver pizza bound prior to that.
After a facebook posting about Pei Wei lettuce wraps, I couldn't get it out of my mind.
So I jumped in the car and about 40 minutes later, we were eating oriental chicken lettuce wraps!!

I got 2 chicken breasts, carrots, boston lettuce, garlic and cilantro...the rest I already had.

I diced up the chicken very small, grated some carrots, chopped peanuts, chopped garlic, chopped cucumber, chopped carrots (yes 2 different chops on the carrots) and s/p.  I added them to a saucepan, in that order with some olive oil.  Once it was almost cooked, I added soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar (I also snuck in a couple dashes of hot sauce).  Once nice and coozy, I spooned it into boston lettuce leaf.  Topped with cilantro and BAM!  There you have it!
I served it with some seedless watermelon.

Not as Extreme as the chefs on the show, but start to finish (including shopping) was quite impressive at 40 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots