Mediterranean Chicken with Savory Fruit Compote and Vegetable Pearl Couscous and Squash Towers



Tonights meal was all me baby!  
No recipes, just a bunch of stuff I needed to get out of the fridge before it spoiled.

I marinated chicken thighs with garlic, capers, olive oil and s/p.  We got some Israeli (Pearl) couscous today, so I had to cook that.  I sautéed up some garlic, carrots, orange bell peppers, pine nuts, shallots and put aside for the couscous.


I had a savory fruit topping in mind for my chicken.  I didn't want a fruit cocktail, sweet taste, so I savory-ed it up!  I blended apples, strawberries, tomatoes, plum, garlic and balsamic vinegar.  This turned out very well, the chicken thighs were complemented nicely.  I have some left, so I'm thinking I might try it on pork.


I used our stovetop cast iron grill and got some nice lines on the thighs.  Every time I use this thing, I have to open front/back door to keep the smoke down.


I had some yellow squash hanging out so I made some squash towers.
I got the idea from The Keg.
This meal turned out very well.


Zachary wasn't a big fan of the couscous, but he liked the chicken.
Another flock has been fed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....