Cucumber and Celery Soup & Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie)


First and foremost....does anyone agree with me, that this quickly can make the whole house smell awesome!  
Sautéed onions and garlic!!!!


It has been so hot here in Texas that I wanted 
to cool off a bit.
Cucumber and celery, greek yogurt, chicken stock, 
dill, walnut oil.  
This no-cook soup, is served chilled.


Spanakopita or Greek spinach pie, is made with feta, onion, garlic, dill, flat leaf parsley, eggs and s/p.
Baked with buttery filo dough.  
I used fresh spinach and the texture
was not as good as I had hoped.  
I think that frozen spinach is the way to go.
Next time!


Close up of the Spanakopita.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....