Chicken Spaghetti Casserole (inspired by The Pioneer Woman)


I watch A LOT of Food Network and Cooking Channel.
While viewing the Pioneer Woman, I saw her make this dish.
I knew I wanted to try it cause it looked so good, plus the Dutchess'
grandmother used to make a very similar dish, she doesn't do too much cooking
these days.  I was lucky enough to have it once or twice.

Start off by boiling a whole chicken, make sure you have
plenty of water to use later.  Let the chicken cool so you can shred it
with your hands.  SAVE THE WATER!


To add texture and flavor, I used onion, orange bell pepper,
shallots and tomatoes.  I quickly sautéed these with some evoo and garlic.
Also pictured is some of the 
chicken stock that was created when I boiled the chicken.


Cook the spaghetti in the chicken water!!!!
I used 3 different types of pasta perciatelli (thick, hollow pasta), capellini (thin pasta)
and whole wheat thin spaghetti.   
I mixed together the shredded chicken, sauteed veggies, one can of cream of mushroom soup, 
paprika, chicken stock, pasta and cheddar cheese.
In the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.


Plated simply with a salad with creamy balsamic dressing and
you are living large, my friend!

This was great, but I wish I would have used more of the chicken.
I only used half and that didn't seem like enough.


Rustic, delicious and everything I hoped it would be!

Fed, the flock was!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots