Steamed Clams with Garlic/Butter/Thyme Broth


Our trip to Costco also granted us a bag of littleneck clams.
I wanted to try something a bit different, so I thought
it would be fun to cook up some clams.
I found a clam and tomato broth recipe, but at the last
minute I altered the plan.  One...it was too 
similar to the recipe I used for the red snapper the other day.
Two..I wanted to use butter and garlic!
I looked at several recipes online, and then just
used the basic components from a few of them.
I used grape seed oil, garlic, white wine, thyme, 
parsley and red pepper flakes.


After about 7-8 minutes of steaming, almost all of the clams opened.
I think we only had about 5 that didn't and therefore I discarded them.
Plated simply in a bowl, to hold the broth, I added
some crusty bread.  Dutchess came up with a saying...
"dip it.  clam it.  stuff it!"
Dip the bread into the broth, put a clam on it, then stuff it into your mouth!!!!


Zachary was a trooper, and he ate about 5 clams, then bailed for 
a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
I can't blame him.  At least he gave them a try.

Dutchess and I loved the garlicy goodness, 
and we ate almost the whole sack.

Feed, the flock was!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....