Whole Red Snapper with Savory Tomato Sauce with Baby Bok Choy and Fried Brown Rice and Broccoli

I started with these ingredients...


Celery, onions and green peppers sweated it out in the pan to start
the culinary feat.


Then I added tomatoes (from our garden, of course), tomato paste, garlic, worchester, 
ketchup and shirachi sauce which I cooked until tender.


I had a leftover roasted corn, so I sliced
it off the cob and added it to the sauce to 
inpart some sweetness and depth of flavor.


We got a large container of baby bok choy from Costco
so this was the vegetable de jour.


I added some shallots, butter and olive oil and the
wilting began.


Once the celery was tender, I put the tomato sauce through
the ricer.  This created a smooth and savory sauce.


After scaling the snapper, I put it in a pan
and added the sauce.  This baked in a 350 degree oven until done.



I also had some leftover brown rice from Pei Wei, so 
I fried it with broccoli and parsley.


This didn't sound like the best meal when I found it in "The Joy of Cooking",
but I had trouble finding things that weren't more than just using herbs and lemons
and baking.  This sounded like a challenge.

Winning!

The tomato sauce was quite good, and could have been 
eaten on its own as a tomato soup.
The combination of the snapper with the sauce was quite good.
Paired with bok choy and fried brown rice...come on!  

Flock fed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots