Rotisserie Chicken, sauteed Fennel and Mashed Cauliflower

Dutchie and I were discussing meal options and I said, "dr pepper ribs"! and she said 
"no, something much more healthy!"  So I mustered all the moxie that I had and said...
"yes, dear....something healthy is exactly what I was thinking."

Dr pepper ribs will be the next entry (maybe).

So a simple rotisserie chicken was the basis for the meal.  We went to Sprouts, and bought
some fennel, and a few salad ingredients to add to what I already had.

While I was cooking the chicken, I thought that cornbread might go well with this meal.
I usually have pre-made mix, but I had nothing of the sort.
However, I did have cornmeal.  LIGHTBULB!  
There was a recipe on the cornmeal package, so I made homemade cornbread for the FIRST time!!!
I was happy, cause I used our new cast iron item and it worked perfectly for
3 servings of cb!


On a whim I also bought a bulb of fennel, cause I knew it would taste great 
with the chicken.  I was right.  I used my mandolin and sliced it thin, and
did a quick sauté.


With the addition of a salad with lots of stuff from our co-op, I plated a great looking and 
tasting meal.  The cornbread was awesome, my portion had 3 jalapenos!
Included in the "healthy meal" ethos, was mashed cauliflower...greatness!!!
But something I've done on MANY occasions.
This meal was very nice!  I loved it...simple and very tasty.
The photo doesn't even come close to representing how
tasty this meal was. 


Zachary loved everything except the fennel, but I 
can confidently say the the flock was fed quite well!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Himalayan Salt Plate Cooking