Homemade Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese and Avocado Sandwiches



Our co-op basket had a lot of tomatoes in it, so Dutchie requested that dinner
be something made with them.  Tomato soup sounded like a plan, so off to the net I went.
I looked at a few recipes and got a basic idea, then I added some of my own ingredients.


I took tomatoes, onion, chicken stock, cloves, garlic, basil and s/p.
I boiled them all together for about 20 minutes.
Then I pulled out my brand new food mill and milled everything together.
Made a simple rue and added the sauce back to it slowly to not
cause the rue to clump up.



I took some artisan bread, cheese and avocado and grilled them up
in the trusty cast iron.  The avocado added such a creamy element to 
the crispy griddle cheese (as my good buddy J Scott used to call them).
A Clausen pickle added to the plate, and by goodness...
we have a successfully fed flock!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....