Lobster Rolls!!!


Was having a hard time coming up with something to fix tonight.  We just got 
a co-op basket, but nothing was sounding good.
I remembered that Kroger had lobsters on sale, so I 
thought I'd take a stab at lobster rolls.
I bought 3 small lobsters, and took out all the meat I could, trying to keep
the pieces as big as possible.
I paired this with grilled corn on the cob, that has been described as mexican corn.
(mayonnaise, salt/pepper and parmesan cheese)
I wrap them in foil and usually all the cheese stays on the foil.
I need to remember that and add the cheese at the end.
The corn, tomatoes and bib lettuce (I think thats what its called)
were all from the co-op.  The tomatoes were extremely good!


Mayo, scallions, celery, lime juice and tabasco made up the lobster salad.
It was SOOOO hard not to eat all the lobster as I was making it, but 
I was able to resist after a few nibbles.
We had some hoogie rolls, so I buttered them and heated them for a few seconds
in the cast iron skillet.  A little lettuce on the bun, then some lobster and
I had fixed my first LR.  I've always wanted to try this.


Oh and one more thing....

I used our co-op pears and added it to a store bought pie crust, and 
viola!!!  Pear pie.  This is also a first for me.


I can proudly say that this meal was a success, and it WILL
be happening again.
The feeding of the flock was successful!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Himalayan Salt Plate Cooking