Udon Noodle Soup

Decided to make udon noodles tonight.  Couldn't find a soup recipe for it, so I improvised.  The udon recipe came from allrecipes.com and was very cool cause part of the instructions was to WALK on the dough.  Kneading wasn't enough, it called for you to place it in a ziplock bag, wrap in a towel and walk on it.  We all got into the act and took turns.
Since it was my first time with udon, they didn't come out perfect.  I cut them too large, and they were a bit floury or mealy in the middle.  After they sit all night and soak up the broth I think they are going to be awesome.

 The broth turned out GREAT!  I combined beef broth, parsnips, scallions, shitake mushrooms, chinese 5 spice, sesame oil, soy sauce and salt/pepper.  Garden cilantro was added as a garnish.
I would definitely do this again, but cut the noodles about half the thickness.
Anyone have any suggestions regarding udon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Himalayan Salt Plate Cooking

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....