Trick I learned from my mother

My mom would always bring home a doggie bag when they went out to eat, including the empty baked potato skins. Then the next morning she would make hashbrowns from the skins and a scramble out of any leftover steak.
No baked tators last night, so this morning I made a scramble with our leftover sirloin and coconut shrimp and I added bacon.
Sauté some onions and garlic, add steak tomatoes and eggs. Sprinkle cheese let melt a bit, then crumble bacon and chives on top and enjoy!

The hashbrowns were always a welcome treat and I have done this trick MANY times. Dutchie has even effectively made a potato cake out of leftover mashed. My attempts at this have so far failed. She is the potato cake queen.

Please comment a cooking technique you learned from your mother!
Or one you hope to pass down to your kids!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....