Venison Sausage Sandwich with Bacon Wrapped Purple Asparagus




So as you've seen in the previous post, I made some venison sausage.
I couldn't wait until tomorrow, I had to try them tonight.
I got a red bell pepper, and sliced it with some sweet onions, then I sauteed
them with the sausages.


I left them connected as links because last time I made sausages
the meat leaked out the ends.


To go with the sandwich I bought some purple asparagus.  The plan
was to just cook and eat them, but I remembered that we had some
bacon.  BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS!!!!!
We had some Green Goddess dressing, so we dipped the
asparagi in that!  Yes, Yum!


To go on the sandwich I used some leftover fiery garlic sauce from our 
bison tacos the other night.  I've now enjoyed this on 3 meals.

Take 8 cloves of garlic, 3 tbs apple cider vinegar, 2 tbs srirachi, 2 tsp chili paste,
s/p and 1 1/2 tsp sugar.  Put everything in a food processor.  Enjoy!

I read the recipe wrong and used 2tbs of chili paste and it was quite hot.
After sitting in the fridge overnight, it cooled a bit, but the flavor was still awesome.
I might use 1 tbs of chili paste in the future, which is just a bit over the recommended 2 tsp.
But I like the spice!

<George likes his chicken spicy!>
<sorry, had to throw in a Seinfeld reference>

Oh, if you are a regular reader, you know that Zachary does not
do asparagus.  Zachary is at a sleepover tonight, so whoo hoo!  
Asparagus for the adults.

Father(Husband)FeedsFlock!!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots