Banana Stuffed Roasted Pork Loin and Fiesta Rice


I used to watch "The Galloping Gourmet" tv show when I was a wee lad.
He went on to host shows under his name, Graham Kerr.
He had some health problems and started to cook healthy recipes.
So I've watched him cook on tv for many years.  He now lives
close to my aunt in Washington State.

I was flipping thru cookbooks looking for dinner inspiration, and I came across
this recipe for roast pork and fiesta rice in one of Grahams books.
I was hooked when I saw that you use a banana in between
2 pieces of pork loin.  It sounded good, so 
I was in.


Recipe called for you to slice the loin in half and hollow out a trough
for the banana in the center and line it with cilantro and garlic.
Then truss it back together and bake.


My loin came in two pieces already, and luckily it had this
cool netting, that I used to cook it in.


The rice used garlic, onions, rice, 2 cans of Roma tomatoes,
garbanzo beans, black beans, red pepper and cilantro.


This meal was very intriguing.  Tasty and adventurous. 
The banana was transformed into something almost unrecognizable.
It became a slightly sweet yellow goo, that slightly resembled
cheese.  The flavor that it added was awesome.
Zach liked the pork and the beans, we had to pick them out
for him to eat anything significant.  He changed his tune
when he found out that it was banana....then he loved it.


Father steps out of his comfort zone to feed his flock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....