Pork Chops with Honey and Garlic, Tourneed Turnips, Mushroom Rice and Broccoli Spears


Dutchie found this pork chop recipe and I ran with it.
First I tourneed some turnips.  Culinary school has made me a bit
ambitious.  Tournee doesn't add flavor, but is merely a shape
to cut the turnips into.


I cheated by microwaving the turnips to mostly cook them,
then I sauteed them in butter and olive oil.


The turnips were nice and tender, brown and very tasty.


The chops were browned and cooked in a mixture of honey,
lemon juice (including 2 meyer lemons from our tree), soy sauce
and garlic.  This sauce was sweet and savory at the same time.


I put some rice and dried shitake mushrooms in the rice cooker with
half beef stock and half water.  I plated it from a ramakin in the middle of the plate.
I fanned out the chops and leaned them up against the tower.
The turnips and broccoli spears were also leaned against the rice.


This meal was quite delicious.  The turnips were awesome, the rice
was nice and savory.  The only negative point was that the pork was a 
bit tough.  I may have overcooked it slightly, but the 
flavor was still good.  The honey/lemon/garlic sauce
was very good.  I think I may try it on chicken.

Flock was feed, again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots