Jerk Chicken, Black Beans & Brown Rice, Roasted Corn and Endive & Romaine Chopped Salad

JLiver's book "Meals in Minutes" strikes again!


First I crisped up the chicken in the cast iron, while I made the 
jerk sauce (scallions, ground nutmeg, allspice, clove, garlic, thyme, 
honey, bay leave and white wine vinegar - I left out the scotch bonnet chili and rum).
I went rouge and roasted corn with mayonnaise on the grill.


Brown rice and black beans were cooked in chicken stock 
with scallions and cinnamon stick.


A chopped salad with endive, romaine, red pepper and alfalfa sprouts was
dressed simply with olive oil and the juice of 2 limes.

This is in my top 10 delicious meals I've made.  

The jerk sauce had tons of flavor, but was not
hot and spicy like traditional jerk sauce.
The chicken was nice and crispy, and made perfect
with the addition of the jerk.
The rice and beans were nice and hearty, the corn
was good as always, even without the parmesan cheese
as I usually do.


The flock was fed with a little Jamaican flavor...MON!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....