Stacey's Chicken, Green Chile and Mushroom Enchiladas!!!


My friend, Stacey Harvey Pross, posted a version of this recipe on Facebook.
It sounded so good that I had to try it.
Starting with her recipe, I added a few Todd Touches and here
is what came from it.


Her recipe called for a can a cream of chicken soup.  I'm not a big fan of condensed
soups, so I made cream of mushroom soup and used that instead. 


I had some left over roasted chicken, so that's where I started.  
Adding green chilies, black olives, tomatillas and cheese completed the filing.
One of Staceys suggestions was to use flour tortillas.
I wasn't too sure about this, as I would tend to use corn for enchiladas.
Showing trust in her, I stuck with the flour.


This is such a departure from traditional enchiladas, that I started to 
get a little nervous.  Which was unfounded.  
These were AWESOME!
The mushroom soup added some rich, creamy mushroomy flavor 
that was unexpected, but very welcome.


As suggested in Stacey's post, I enjoyed this with salsa and a mexican beer.

Good Job Stacey!
FatherTweaksRecipe!

Want me to see what I can do with your recipe?
Send it to me and I'll toy with it,
and post the results.
toddreid@mac.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots