Proper Salmon Caesar Salad



I've you've read my blog before, you probably know that I like
Jamie Oliver recipes.  As a matter of fact, my favorite recipe of all time...Sorry Mom,
is Joliver's proper chicken caesar salad.  I've made it several times, for several people.
The key to that salad is to cook the chicken on top of the bread so that
the juices drip down and soak into the croutons.  Delicious!

I wanted to try a salmon version, but salmon doesn't have wonderful
juice to soak the bread, so I came up with a plan B.

First off, as always, I started with rosemary bacon.
mmmmm...bacon.



in a mortar and pestle, I put garlic and anchovy filets.


I made this paste as the base of the dressing.


I used lemon juice, olive oil, sour cream and the garlic-chovy
paste to make the dressing.  Mix it up and let it sit in the fridge.
I like to add the crumbled bacon to the dressing as it chills, as I think
it adds a different dimension of flavor as opposed to the bacon just crumbled 
in the salad.  I forgot to add the parmesan cheese at this point, so I added it
on top of the finished salad.  I prefer it to be 
added to the dressing...oh well, there's always next time.


Here is where I had to change things.  I put the bread in a bowl and
tossed it with some olive oil and rosemary.  After it was slightly coated,
I used some of the bacon fat that I saved from earlier, to finish
coating the croutons, then got a golden crisp on them.


In the cast iron skillet, that I originally cooked the bacon, still with some
left over bacon fat...I seared the salmon so that it was browned and crisp.


I always serve salads in the Baby Bowl, if you don't know that story, then
you can find it elsewhere on my blog, probably in the Armondo Salad post.


I mixed the dressing and croutons with romaine and baby kale
and served it as our entree.



This meal got thumbs up all around.  Even my 7 year old
loves caesar salad.  Once again, the father goes rougue and
feeds his flock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Himalayan Salt Plate Cooking

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....