Seared Yellow Fin Tuna with 2 Salads

Wanted to do something lite tonight, so I bought some packaged, frozen
yellow fin tuna.  I have pretty good luck with most of those frozen bags
of fish from Kroger or Walmart.  
I simply seasoned with pepper and cooked it in olive oil.
Lightly seared so that the middle was a perfect rare.


Salad #1 was to be used to display the tuna.  I used mung bean sprouts, carrots, celery
tops, scallions, jicama and beets.  All julienned.  I dressed it with
lemon and lime juice with olive & walnut oil and red wine vinegar. 


Salad #2 was arugula and rainbow swiss chard and a variety of our
tomatoes.  Everything was from our garden!
I love it when that happens.
Dressed with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, stone ground mustard
and ginger then topped with some trail mix.


This meal turned out awesome.  Light, healthy and delicious!!!
I added some diced jalapenos to my tuna, also from our garden.
I love arugula, beets, bean sprouts and jicama so
this dish is up there in the top range for me.


The only thing I don't like is that the beets turn everything red.
However, the taste is still awesome.

The flock was, once again, successfully fed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots