Swordfish with Cucumber Sauce

I wanted to cook some swordfish last night for the first time.  I found a good recipe online with allrecipies.com and I was off to the races.  Dutchie is doing very well on her diet so we still try to feed the flock with things that we can all eat.  So I added simple lemon asparagus and a salad.  

The swordfish began with onions, garlic, chili paste, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice which all created the initial glaze.  I then grilled it on the stovetop grill.  In the meantime, I chopped cucumbers, and combined it with sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and s/p and put in the fridge.

I cheated and used the microwave to heat the asparagus.  I cut slices of lemons and used the pulp to season the asparagus during cooking.  I plated the veggi by inserting several stalks in the middle of the lemon rind.  Was a nice look.

Once the fish was done, I topped it with the cool refreshing cucumber sauce.
The glaze had a slight amount of spice/heat to it, but that was brilliantly counteracted by
the sauce.

Got 3 thumbs up on this meal!
Flock has been fed!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chops with Honey and Garlic, Tourneed Turnips, Mushroom Rice and Broccoli Spears

Cornish Game Hens, Corn Soufflé and Twice Baked Potatoes

Dutchess' Birthday At Spoon