Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple, Lavender Rice and Wilted Spinach, Bok Choy & Kale with Carrots & Parsnips



I had a whole chicken in the freezer, so I took it out a few days ago.
Today I "fabricated" it, which is culinary school terms for
cutting it up.  After I fabricated it, I placed it in ziplock bag
with pineapple chunks and a store bought "hawaiian marinade".
I let this sit all day in the fridge.


For the starch, I choose to make lavender rice.


For the vegetable I wanted to make some wilted spinach.  The cool thing
is that we also had some bok choy and some kale.  So of course, I
combined them and added some extras.


This included carrots, parsnips, bok choy stems
and garlic.



I put the marinated chicken parts on the barbecue and grilled it.
Then I plated with the culinary traditional white/dark meat mix
with a mound of rice and the wilted greens around the edge.
The chicken was very flavorful and juicy and the rice had a great
lavender flavor to it.  I used apple cider vinegar to cook
the greens and it was nice to have the different textures of the veggies.


Overall, this meal was healthy and full of flavor.
I only used the pineapple in the marinade and since
it was with the raw chicken, I discarded it.
The flavor was present and might have been too much
if added to the dish.

Best thing is that I have leftovers for lunch as I start a new
long-term freelance gig!
Woo Hoo!

The son said that the father feed the flock, well!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots