Clam Chowder


I rocked the clam chowder in culinary school last week, so I
thought I'd share the greatness with my flock.

first I rendered some bacon with some dried rosemary from our garden.


Then I sweated some onions and celery with the bacon, in the
bacon fat.  I cooked them until they were tender.


I then added clam juice and scalded milk, and simmered for 
40 minutes.


 Then I added the diced potatoes, and cooked
it until the potatoes were tender.


The sauce is bubbling and getting close.
I added some extra herbs, (tempered) cream and the clams!


I plated in a warm bowl and garnished with some
chopped parsley.  I also bought some take & bake french 
bread and cooked it, then sliced it and spread
butter on top, working it down in between the slices.
Then I sprinkled some parsley on top.


When he first sat down, Zachary said "I don't like this", at the 
same time he started taking bites, still saying that he
didn't want to eat it.
The next thing I knew, his bowl was empty.
I guess he didn't like EVERY BITE!

Father fed reluctant, but eager, flock!
I wish it was a work night cause I have one serving leftover!


Comments

  1. Zachary's reaction was just exactly like yours the first time a bucket of steamed clams were placed in front of you on our way home from the ocean .....when you were 6. When you saw Trevor and the rest of us dig into them, you joined right in! I will always remember that special moment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Himalayan Salt Plate Cooking

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....