Crab Briks and Couscous Fennel Salad



I havent posted in quite a while, but I felt that I just had to for this one.
This is something I saw on Jamie Oliver's tv show 15 minute meals.

My family loves crab and fennel, so this was a 
no brainer.

First off...$15 worth of lump crab meat!!!

I mixed this with cilantro, lemon zest & juice and a little sweet chili 
sauce.  JLiver used preserved lemons and harrisa.  
I couldn't find either.  


Take 3 or 4 sheets of filo dough and wrap up the crab mixture so that
it looks kind of like a deck of cards.


Here is a close up of what the crab mixture looked like.


A few glugs of olive oil and lightly pan fry the briks.
Make sure that you do not burn them, or you may 
spontaneously burst into tears.
Lump crab is expensive!


The sides are tomato couscous with pine nuts and shredded 
fennel, caraway seeds and mint salad.  Jamie used pomegranate seeds,
but I couldn't find those either.  I substituted the pine nuts.  
I went to FOUR grocery stores to find the
missing ingredients to no luck.


Here are a couple more of the finished plate.


This meal turned out awesome!
Tons of crab and it was nice and lemony, with a butter burst
that came from the filo.  I love fennel, but paired with the mint
and tomato couscous was very complimentary.
To make the couscous, I soaked some sundried tomatoes in some 
water and infused the flavor into that.  I then used that water to make the couscous.
I chopped, then added the tomatoes into the mix along 
with some tomato paste.

Father Feed his flock some crab!!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots