Roasted Chicken, Wilted Spinach, Sauteed Baby Zucchini and Carrots. Did I mention the Goat Cheese Cake for dessert?!?


Wanted something yummy, but leaning toward the healthy side tonight.
Thought roasted chicken would work, so I paired it with wilted
spinach, sauteed baby zucchini and carrot and for dessert...
yummy goat cheesecake!
First task was to brine the chicken breast.  I used skin on breasts cause
I knew that it would help with the pan gravy I was going to make.
Plus, crispy chicken skin is quite tasty.



Whole pan full of spinach, yields just enough for
three people.  Cooked with a little olive oil and butter.


I pre-cooked the carrots and baby zucchini in the microwave,
then sauteed them in butter with herbs d provence.


Here is a close up of the mirepoix from when I roasted the chicken.
I placed on the stove burner to get it bubbling, and added a cornstarch slurry.
I removed the veggies, and added some chicken stock. 


I plated it simply by alternating the veggies and placing a bed of 
spinach on the plate and topped it with the roasted chicken breast.


This was a very successful meal that was pretty healthy.
To counter balance that...I made a cheese cake.

I saw a recipe for a goat cheese cake.
I was intrigued.

First step was to blitz some ginger snap cookies and add some
butter to bind.  This becomes your crust.


Cream cheese and goat cheese get mixed in a bowl.


Then I add eggs, egg yolks, cornstarch and rosemary.


Put it in the crust and bake for 25 minutes or until just set.


Lavender honey topped this awesome dessert.
Not too sweet, a bit savory from the rosemary,
and a ginger snap crust.
Very good and all the elements come together nicely.


The flock was fed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Himalayan Salt Plate Cooking