Wendy's Berry Almond Chicken Salad

In the interest of full disclosure I must mention that I was contacted by
Wendy's and provided a salad to sample.



I also have some blog posts on DallasFoodNerd.com, one of the posts
there is my review of Snappy Salads.  Someone at Wendy's reached out
to me to see if I would be interested in receiving a sample before
the product was released.  I like free food, so of course, I accepted.


The day came and the sample was delivered to my house.  I have eaten
at Wendy's many times and I find it overall to be hot, fresh and one of
the better choices for fast food convenience.  They have always had many
choices such as baked potatoes, chili and salads.
This is the 3rd consecutive year that this salad has been offered for a limited time only.

I'm a fan of Wendy's.  Does that mean that anything they make, or send to 
me will be great?  Of course not.  A few dollars for the cost of a salad
isn't even close to enough for me to be swayed.
Having said that...I loved this salad!



The only problem that I had was that the blend of 11 types of field greens, was
quite heavy on the iceberg lettuce.  I did get lots of bitter and exotic greens taste, but 
it only seemed to come from the top layer.  The berries were fresh and had
great flavor.  I added the separately packaged chicken and almond
topping, then drizzled the vinaigrette.  What a treat during the warm
summer months.  I enjoyed this salad quite a bit.

I want the entire flock to be fed this salad!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots