Grilled Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Tomato Gratin and Slightly Wilted Swiss Chard

I wanted to make bacon wrapped scallops so I searched for
something to go along with it.  I found it in a Cook's Illustrated magazine.
Tomato Gratin!

Slice some plumb tomatoes.  Combine with salt and sugar and
place in a bowl for 30 minutes.  Use a salad spinner
to get rid of excess moisture.


I made the topping which included parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, 
evoo and s/p.


Saute the onions, garlic and thyme.  Place this in the bottom
of a baking dish.


Layer the tomatoes on top of the onion mixture.
Bake for 10 minutes, till tender and bubbly.


I took scallops and wrapped them in bacon, and made kabobs.
I let it rest to allow the bacon flavor seep into them.


After 15 minutes, take the tomatoes out
and top them evenly with the panko/parmesan mixture and 
cook for an additional 10 minutes.


I grilled some lemon halves with the kabobs.


The summer tomato gratin turned out great.
Golden brown and crunchy!


I plated the scallops on the slightly wilted rainbow swiss
chard from our garden, with an avocado fan.


This meal was awesome!  Felt light and healthy, even if it may not 
have been, so much.  Zachary didn't like the scallops, but he's nuts!

Father fed his reluctant flock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....