Stuffed Pork Chops, sautéed Zucchini and side salad


Its been a while since I blogged, I have a few meals in the camera that MIGHT make it online,
cause they were great.  One meal was Beef Stroganoff.
But that's another post!

I went to Target to figure out what to make for dinner.  This is probably my favorite way to cook...
to go see what is fresh, good and available, and create a meal around that.  Sometimes this is dangerous
since I dont have the luxury of knowing if I still have all needed ingredients at home 
or what I need to buy.  Thus, sometimes I buy
things that I have at home.  I dont sweat it, I know I'll use it eventually.
I headed toward the meat and was thinking chicken or pork.
They had some thick cut pork chops, so I thought I would do stuffed pork chops.


We are trying to eat better, so I thought that I could stuff them with apples, pears, walnuts, bread crumbs
and parsley.  I cooked this all up with some sugar and butter, and let it cool.

I cut a pocket into the thick chop, and even had enough space to slice the other side of the pork chop
so BOTH sides had stuffing.  I stuffed the fruit mixture into the pockets and
threw it in the oven.


I sautéed some zucchini, and put together a simple side salad.
I alternated broiling and baking the chops to attempt to make to crust just the
right amount of charred, but not burnt.  I also wanted a little crust on
the stuffing.


I think I succeeded as we all left the table with smiles on 
our faces.
The flock was "stuffed"!  Ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO of me throwing pizza dough

Herbed Scallops with Bacon and Shallots

What have my efforts paid off with so far in the garden....